Flushing a boat engine doesn’t have to be a frustrating right of passage for all new boat owners. With this easy to follow video, you’ll quickly learn how to flush your boat’s engine in just a few simple steps.
What you’ll need:
- access to a water spigot
- a plain garden hose
- flushing muffs
How to flush a boat engine the easy way.
In case you want to print out or follow the steps without watching the video again, here they are in order:
- Attach flushing muffs to a standard garden hose
- Located the water inlet on your boat’s outboard engine
- Slip the muffs over the water inlet on the engine
- Turn on the water before starting the engine
- Verify water is running through the engine before starting it (check for water dripping)
- Start your boat’s engine
- Look for the water jet so you know the water is drawing water
- Let engine run for a few minutes before turning it off
- Turn off water only after the engine has been turned off
Go here to purchase the flushing muffs seen in the video.